What is the Ask feature?
This feature allows other Tumblr users or anonymous readers to ask you questions. You can choose to answer publicly by publishing to your blog, or privately by sending a response that will appear in the other user's inbox. Note that you can’t really respond privately to anonymous questions because they’re not associated with any particular Tumblr account, and thus there’s no inbox for your answer to go to, silly.
How do I enable the Ask feature?
- Click Settings (the gear icon) at the top of your Dashboard, then, on the right side of the page, choose the blog you’d like to update.
- In the Ask section, enable “Let people ask questions.”
- Fill in “Ask page title” with whatever you’d like to name the Ask page (and the Ask link on your theme if it shows one).
- If you want to allow anyone (not just Tumblr users) to ask questions, check the box that says “Allow anonymous questions.”
What is the Submit feature?
This feature allows other users to submit posts to your blog(s). Whether or not you publish them is up to you.
How do I enable post submissions?
- Click Settings (the gear icon) at the top of your Dashboard, then choose the blog you’d like to update on the right side of the page.
- In the Submissions section, enable “Let people submit posts.”
- Customize your Submission page title, guidelines, and tag field.
- Toggle which types of posts users can submit.